Sunday, March 2, 2008

A long day (care)

I believe our seach for a reputable, kind, licensed, loving caretaker for Cash has come to an end. Tonight we met Ms. Sylvia and she's the one. I know this because there is no feeling of compromise in the pit of my stomach. She is not the lady would would be willing to give us a price break when Chandler is on break BUT smokes cigarrettes, she isn't the lady who is dirt cheap BUT who's house smells so badly of currey and spice that we could hardly breathe, she isn't the stay at home mom less than two miles from home BUT is unlicensed and she isn't the mom from Chandler's school who could take him some BUT not all of the year. Ms. Sylvia is a kind, loving, smart and experienced daycare provider and grandmother who is affordable and on both of our ways to work. She has a set schedule and curriculum for the kids each day and is mandated by the county to care for my child like her own. I told Chandler that I would probably just know when we found the right person - we'll put our deposit down this week. I better find something else to keep me up at night! smiles.

2 comments:

Grammy said...

go with your gut feeling and you'll do fine. as long as he knows who his real grandmas are!

celia glass said...

that's great care! when it's right, it's right, i'm glad you found that good gut feeling