Wednesday, April 22, 2009

darn measles



on Tuesday afternoon Sylvia called me and said that Cash has the measles. After my inital panic and freak out i thought about it and realized that Cash can't have the measles he had his vaccine just a few weeks ago. then i remembered the doctor saying something about a delayed reaction and if he was to react to the vaccine it would be 10-14 days later. sylvia told me to come get Cash right away - which we did - and he did look pretty bad. He was bright red and had red bumps all over him (which looked a lot like measles). Anyway, the doctor assured me that he didn't have measles and not to worry, the reaction would go away in a couple days and Cash will be fine. Cash was pretty miserable that night and did't go fall asleep until 4am. I took him to the doctor this morning to just make sure everything was ok and he's fine. his rash is fading and drying up quickly.

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

I looked back and wiley had this too, not so bad with the rash and all, but definitely the fever about 2 weeks after the shot. hope you all feel better.

Grammy said...

i hope Sarah is paying attention...be prepared! looks like all the babies will get a nasty reaction.

Cash has had a rough time since Easter with time changes and reactions. poor baby. hug him for me.