Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Home Alone

I went to a conference in NC for a week and left the boys at home! its the longest i have been without them but i wasn't terribly sad or concerned. i guess i knew they were in good hands and i could use a break. I left on the redeye on Sunday night and returned on Friday afternoon. so i was gone for the week which was better than over a weekend because Chandler could still take the guys to Sylvia's and get a little break. His parents also came down to spend some time with the guys and provide an extra set of hands in the mornings and evenings. They even kept Cash home from school one day to play. they had a great time at the park and went toy shopping.
I stocked the pantry before i left because i just had visions of them eating macaroni and cheese for a week. when i got home all the groceries were still there...i don't want to know.
anyway, everyone survived and no one missed me too terribly much. in fact it was days before anyone even thought to ask about me. but when i did get home Cash followed me around like he was my shaddow. it was sweet.
the conference was pretty boring but i did get to spend some nice QT with Grammy. we went shopping and to the movies!

No comments: