Thursday, February 26, 2009

copy cat

I think Cash is really smart. i know all parents say that but he really is! he is a little copy cat too. I realize that when he is playing in the living room i sit on the stairs to keep him from escaping up the stairs. Now he loves to come sit on the stairs beside me. He climbs up one or two steps and then turns around and sits there - it is really funny because he looks like a grown boy doing it.
I know he is a little quiet on Skype but he is really noisy now - even more than before. He repeats everything we say. We talk to Cash and he answers us (even though it is in his own language). In the morning we'll say, "Cash do you want to go downstairs to get some breakfast?" He'll say, "ok". its really cute.

Sylvia also recognizes how smart he is and recommends that we start introducing him to the potty. I am struggling with this because i think he is way too young. And it is hard to think that my baby is growing up enough to start potty training. To be honest, i hadn't even begun to think about potty training. I've not thought of it, read about it, googled it, nothing! I don't know why, i guess i am just one of those "it will come naturally" kind of parents - AND I would never pressure him to potty train and i certainly wouldn't threaten to tell everyone at his school if he peed his pants!!! So, i told Sylvia all this and she assures me that he is ready to at least start being around the potty. She is putting him on the potty for 1 minute each time she changes his diaper - just so it isn't foreign to him (i'm ok with this). She has a really good feeling for these sorts of things - it is her job after all. I realize there is a lot in it for her but it is also a lot of work so i don't think she would want to go down this road unless she felt everyone was ready. She's not moving fast - she said over the next year she'll be working on it. Anyway, there is nothing that we have to do at home for a while - just to be prepared and to not dress him in onesies anymore. The weather is really getting nice 70 this week so that isn't a problem.

No comments: