Sunday, May 30, 2010

since i'm the one who buys the groceries and cooks the meals i have decided that it is increasingly important to provide natural and heathful food for the boys and myself. so i've done a lot of research and homework on which foods are important to eat natural or organic and what are some of the things that we could save on. i don't want to increase my grocery bill so its going to take a little work and dedication on my part to buy the right things and use everything that i buy. i went and checked out Costco today - haven't been in a long time - and they have a new "all natural" and USDA organic certified line of chicken and beef. its really not that much more expensive than buying regular protein but i'll have to freeze and plan meals so none of it goes to waste. watching something like Food Inc will definitely make you think twice about what you eat...

3 comments:

sarah d v said...

I have this same desire, However, it is costly. You should read "In defense of food" (everyone should) it will change the way you eat.

elizabeth said...

I buy the organic chicken and beef from costco and their organic milk and many of their veggies are organic. There is a list of 12 (I think) fruit and veg to certainly buy organic.

Grammy said...

ya me too