Thursday, October 15, 2009

30 weeks

Great check up today. Baby sounds good, is measuring good - all is right with the world. I need to get my flu shot. Dr.'s office is out so i'll go to walgreens or something - that way i can go with Chandler and hold his hand! I asked her about H1N1 (or Hini as CJM calls it). She said i should get one and the CDC is supposed to deliver their supply at the end of the month which will coinside with my next appointment so we'll discuss further then. Dr. Lisa had mixed feelings about it since last time something like the H1N1 happened more people ended up getting sick from the vaccine than the virus but she will go with the CDC's recommendation for pregnant woment to receive the shot. I asked her about pregnant women taking airborne or emergen-c and she said as long as you don't overdo it you can take it. It is just a mega dose of vitamins and shouldn't hurt. She gave me the traveling in your 3rd trimester speech and printed out my medical records and sent me on my way.
However! before i left we talked schedules!!! This is a totally weird conversation to have. I'm pretty sure that if my due date wasn't Christmas eve we wouldn't even be having it and i would just let nature take its course (up to a point) but since no one wants to ruin Christmas we are pretty much picking a date out of a hat. Our first choice was Dec. 9 but Dr. Lisa & Dr. Don are out of town at their annual Disneyland trip so that isn't going to work because i want at least Dr. Lisa there. So she said what about the weekend after - I am totally blown away by the fact that she delivers babies on the weekend. Its one thing if it is spontaneous but to actually schedule a delivery when you should be running errands and playing with one of your 5 children - she's a crazy women!! She loves her job and also explained I probably wouldn't be the only one in labor that day. So we decided on December 12, 2009! 12-12-09 sounds pretty good. I'll still be required to have an amnio for lung maturity but that's no big deal after already having one with Cash. Hopefully all stays put until then because when i get something in my head i like it to stay that way.

No comments: