Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The "Grammy" who shall remain nameless comes to visit

Grammy (the grandmother who shall remain nameless in the eyes of her grandson) has come to visit and we are all so excited. For some reason it gives us all a big sense of relief when Grammy comes. Its like the day-to-day stress melts away. Just having another set of hands around the house is a lot of fun and a big help. We picked her up on Saturday and went to have some lunch then came home for a nap. The rest of the weekend rushed by and we played a lot and watched as Cash entertained everyone. He is a real stinker, refusing to say "Grammy" although i know he can do it - he can say every word invented and when asked to say "Grammy" he says, "no" instead. I'm convinced he knows this frustrates us.
Grammy babysat while Chandler and I had lunch out. Which was really fun but we talked about Cash and the new baby the entire time...guess that goes with the territory. Its been a while since we've been out - just the two of us - so maybe with a little more practice we'll get better.
I took the day off work yesterday, which I must do more often. I had such a nice time with my baby and mother. I had to get a test run at the doctor’s office so Grammy watched Cash and then we went out to lunch and to the book store. Then I got to take a nap, in my bed, not on the couch! Amazing. In the late afternoon we went and watched Anna play volley ball and after a few minutes Cash warmed up and was the hyper kid running all over the bleachers. I’m back at work today but planning my next day off!
For the most part we've just enjoyed each other's company. Cash has really liked having someone else to show off in front of and color with. And Grammy is more than happy to oblige.

No comments: