Monday, April 12, 2010

Cooper is 4 months old!

Cooper did a great job today at his 4 month check up. He's a big (but not too big), healthy and happy boy. Sylvia and I devised a plan to sneak him out without Cash noticing so I met her in the garage at 11:15 - it worked like a charm. We didn't wait long and as I was getting Coop undressed to be weighed and measured i noticed that the dreaded rash was back. We talked about all the possible reasons and I always have the right answers so it remains a mystery:
Q: what soap are we using?
A: I rarely use soap on his skin, when i do it is Dove.
Q: what laundry detergent?
A: All free & clear.
Q: Do you double rinse?
A: Yes.
Q: What lotion do you use on him?
A: Almond oil, California Baby (gave him a rash), Aveeno (gave him a rash), Olive Oil, Aquaphor (gave him a rash).
Q: Do you keep him wrapped up?
A: not any more since he can get out of the swaddle.

so, we had a good laugh about how he's just a pasty white kid with sensitive skin who will probably always have some level of skin irritation - welcome to the club Son! and we got a prescription for an ointment that will help calm his rash. And we are going to try Eucerin cream.

He got 4 shots and a drink and is all vaccinated and ready to roll around in the dirt with the kids at daycare. He isn't exactly rolling all the way from front to back yet but rolls and shimmies and shakes his way around and cannot be trusted.

The biggest news is that he's got a little tooth poking through! I can't believe it. I'll have to check the tapes but I think Cash was 6 months when his little teeth started to sprout.

4 month stats:
weight: 15lb 11oz
height: 25 1/4"
head circumference: 41.9cm
(just barely bigger than Cash except Cash has a big ol' noggin and Coop's is a smaller by >1cm)

We can start him on some starter foods if we want but to me he still seems too young and i'm not in any hurry. he's doing great and we'll see Dr. Gobel in 2 months.

I sneaked him back into Sylvia's and raced back to work.

1 comment:

sarah d v said...

HE looks sort of blonde in that photo. Can't wait to see him.

I guess I don't need to say your kids are way bigger than Bobby. But actually he had a bigger head and was a bit taller, so I guess, I should say, they're heavier - but I got a skinny one somehow.