Saturday, November 28, 2009

VICTORY

victory is mine!! it only took 90 minutes but Cash is napping in his big boy bed for the first time. We got in a few fights, he pulled my hair, i smacked his butt, he hit his head twice on the wall because he was jumping around but he is asleep now (hopefully he's not passed out from the head bumping! just kidding Liz!!)
We have the room exactly where we want it. the noise machine in place, the gate in place, the bed rail up, the step stool easily accessible so we are confident to leave him alone in there to sleep. I like that he is starting with a nap because the room isn't totally dark so when he wants/needs to get up he can see where he is going. I don't want to give him a night light because i really don't want him relying on it.
I'm interested to see what his reaction is when he wakes up. I'll have some nice snacks and a little prize for him when he does so hopefully he will get the point that this is a really good thing.

Meanwhile, I am decorating the house for Christmas while Chandler is out running some errands. its kind of nice to be able to get some things done in the peace and quiet because i know that this will be one of the last "peace and quiet" times i have for a while. Exactly 2 weeks from this exact moment (1:50pm PST) i'll be holding my new little one. yikes, better get back to work!

No comments: