Monday, December 14, 2009

Cooper Day 2-3

Cooper is doing really well. he is still eating well and making wet and dirty diapers. there is no sign of jandice which is awesome but its also subject to change rather quickly. We saw Dr. Goebel this morning and she was concerned that Cooper's left testicle hasn't come down yet. She said it was right at the top of the canal and might come down on its own but if it doesn't she'll go in and get it. The bigger concern was a heart murmur. She heard something but doesn't know if it is something that is permanent or just a transition from a in-utero heart to a "life on the outside" heart. The cardiologist will come to see us in a little while.
Cooper's blood test came back and our blood types are not fighting each other since he is a positive and I am a negative. He has a little diaper rash and stuff nose but that's normal baby stuff and I can handle it no problem.
A doctor from my drs office came to see me last night and told me i could take the IV out and take a shower. When i took my shower i was able to remove the dressing from my abdomen. That hurt since it was 2 huge, very sticky bands. I am now covered in residue.
Chandler has taken awesome, awesome care of me and i couldn't have done this without him and he'd like you do know: "My husband is the greatest man I've ever known and I hope I can someday be half the man that he is." that doesn't make any sense but he typed that on my computer.

1 comment:

sarah d v said...

That sounds all way worse than a little tearing and stretching "down there" I think Coop will end up being perfect but he's definitely going to stress you out in the meantime. Bobby has a heart murmur too, a lot of babies do, so hopefully it ends up being nothing. Love you all.