Monday, December 7, 2009

Countdown

I'm not sure where to start this blog. I've done all i can do to prepare for Cooper's arrival. The huge "to-do" list is all crossed off. Everything is washed, I went to the grocery store, the car seat has been sanitized but not installed (ok, i guess i still have a few things to do) but i don't know if it has totally sunk in that i'm having another baby this weekend. Maybe because it is on the weekend it seems like just another errand - like go to Sam's Club, go have a baby, etc. I feel entirely too relaxed about the whole thing. Maybe it is because i don't remember everything that comes with having a baby. Or maybe because i've done it before. I am a little stressed about Cash's reaction to the whole thing but i keep that pretty repressed because i don't like to imprint my stress and fear on him - i know he can sense it. He's actually been very cool and even started bringing me Cooper's blankie and laying it on my belly. Every now and again he still runs into his old room to get something but then comes right out and goes into the big boy room. But that's no big deal because Cooper wont be in there for 3 more months. He helped me clean up the car seat and thoroughly enjoyed sitting in it and buckling his baby in there - then he sat on top of his baby (hopefully that wont happen when there is a real baby). I guess the biggest thing i have going right now is work - how sad. I'm trying to wrap up as much as possible but even that is under control. Christmas could pose a problem but i've done a bit of shopping and ordered other things online so not really.
I guess i'll just enjoy this feeling...but if you think of anything I may need to do send me an email!

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

did you get a gift for cash? a consolation gift of sorts? "archer" got wiley a truck and something else, play doh maybe?