Sunday, January 10, 2010

Don't blink

While I wasn't paying attention Cooper has grown like a weed. Its probably the biggest thing I am worried about - is the baby gaining weight and growing. Since we got a pass to go directly to our 1 month visit and skipped our 2 week visit I have been assuming everything was going well but didn't really know. I kept asking Chandler, "do you think the baby is growing" - he'd say "i think so???" but not terribly convincingly.
I tell you that, to tell you this...Cooper is a challenging baby. He has what I would call a very immature gut. Cash would grunt and moan in the night but was always able to be calmed and would end up sleeping. Cooper is so fussy compared to Cash. He will actually cry (for a long time) because he is gassy or uncomfortable. Of course it is much worse at night. He can't figure out how to burp or pass gass for hours and will get so red in the face trying. He also doesn't poop very easily. So all this equals very little sleep in our house and acknowleding that Chandler has to get up and go to work in the mornings I have spent the last week in the downstairs bedroom with Cooper. Last night, Saturday night, I was allowed to come back and sleep in my own bed since Chandler didn't have to get up for anything on Sunday. I was quite shocked when i laid Cooper in the bassinet after only one week of being downstairs and he barely fits in the baby box. I couldn't believe it. He was practically hanging over the edge. So i guess he is growing! we'll know for sure when we go to our 4 week appointment on tuesday his exact measurements.



December 21, 2009




January 9, 2010

No comments: