Tuesday, January 26, 2010

i think i have my answer (as much of an answer as I think i'm going to get) to Cash's crying episode from Sunday night. I picked him up from Sylvia's yesterday and used the drive home to talk to Cash about being scared. I asked him if he had a bad dream. Now Cash is known to be rather agreeable - he often answers the same question with both yes and no and can even answer bogus questions with a "yup" so who really knows if we are getting to the bottom of this but i think we are. So, when asked if he had a bad dream Cash replied, "Yeah" and then he added, "Cash cried." I think he knows what I am talking about and I do think something frightened him in his sleep. We went on to talk about how dreams aren't real, even though sometimes they seem very real, and that Mommy and Daddy are here to keep him safe. Cash picks up on a lot even if he doesn't seem to be paying attention - days later he will mention things from old conversations. We'll keep talking about it so he knows he doesn't have to be scared but I guess this is a part of growing up for my little guy.

I shouldn't be surprised though I have been known to have some of the strangest dreams around!

No comments: