Sunday, January 24, 2010

What a day...

On the way to the park Cash said, “I go to park Mommy” I said, “yes, we are going to the park”. Then Cash said, “Drive faster daddy”

I accidentally spilled Cash’s milk at lunch today – all over him. He immediately said I was naughty mommy and told me to go outside. I guess Chachi has been getting in trouble a little more than normal lately.

Well, it finally happened. Cash didn’t stay in his bed during nap time. Actually, he never went down for a nap as planned. As usual, we put him in bed at about 1pm. He had been super crazy today so we knew it was going to be a challenge to get him to nap but we put him in there. Chandler came out of the room and downstairs. A moment later Cash’s bedroom door opened and he came strolling out. We didn’t have the gate closed since it was nap time and we were both up. He of course stood at the top of the stairs and was yelling something that totally reminded me that I’m in for it with these boys.

Later – much later – on we got Cash down for a nap (about 4pm). I sent Chandler out to the store and at 5pm Cash woke up screaming. He was completely inconsolable. It was scary and sad. At first I didn’t think he was even awake when I went in his room and he let me hold him and rock him for a minute and I think he might have fallen back asleep but then he woke up again and was crying and screaming. He wouldn’t tell me what was wrong and nothing I did made him feel better. It was 45 minutes later before he stopped crying and even then he was very sensitive and didn’t want mommy or daddy out of his sight.

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

that crying/screaming wake up happens to wiley when he naps (rarely) usually after falling asleep in the car. Usually when he's still really tired. It sucks.