Friday, March 5, 2010

Beautiful - like a girl

Today our neighbor Jimmy came over to tell me something (i'll get to that later). Jimmy is the neighbor who Cash idolizes from a safe distance. Although last weekend Cash did spend a good amount of time running in and out of Jimmy's garage and sitting on his 4 wheeler so maybe he's getting over his shyness. Jimmy's truck and motorcycle is the topic of many conversations with young Cash. Jimmy has only seen Cooper from a distance or while he's been sleeping in the carseat but today I was holding him while we talked at the door. Jimmy really likes little boys - he has a grown son and always tells me stories of when his son was little and how much he really enjoyed being a father to a son. Anyway, Jimmy was blown away with how "beautiful" Cooper is. He kept remarking how pretty he is and how good looking he is. He said, "Wow, he's beautiful, like a girl. That's just great!" I don't get offended when people say that. In fact, Jimmy isn't the first to say it - just last night my friend Dana told me that Cooper could be a girl he is so gorgeous! What i find totally interesting is that people said the same thing about Cash when he was a baby. I remember distinctly the first person to say that about Cash was a woman in my office. I remember being taken aback when I first heard it but then after multiple people said the same thing I thought, well, he must really be pretty!

On a different note, the reason Jimmy came over was to show me the most awful looking creature that he captured in his garage. it is some terrible hybrid between a centipede and a scorpion. He worries about us with the boys so he wants to make sure that if we see this nasty thing we will stay away!!

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

people said that about Wiley, too, because of his curls, and archer gets called a girl, but i can't see it in him as much.
did you take a photo of the centicorpion?

Grammy said...

glad that Cash is warming to Jimmy ... Jimmy has lots of cool big toys that Cash likes and he's a good guy. Chandler has his people to take care of "things" like that critter so i'm sure you won't have any. and cooper is beautiful so that's all that matters.