Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Cooper's 11th week

Cooper is so cute and such a great baby. I am enjoying him so much that it makes me feel bad I was struggling with him in the early weeks. he is really mild tempered and doesn't cry (unless he is really, really hungry). He will whimper a little when he is getting hungry and gives me plenty of notice to get his bottle ready. He squirms when he has a dirty diaper and much prefers to have clean, dry pants - always (but who doesn't).
He sleeps well now. His normal routine is to eat - a bottle for food and nursing for fun - and fall asleep around 7 or 7:30pm (which is good because that is Cash's bedtime so everyone is on the same schedule), I'll take him upstairs with me around 9:30-10pm, change him, swaddle him and feed him again then put him into the bassinet. He'll normally sleep until 2:30-3am and then wake for a quick feeding and then sleep on until 5-6am. Last night he actually slept from 10pm to 5am which was cool but always makes me wake up in a panic. He then spends an hour after he wakes up stretching and tooting out all the bubbles he collected during the night. he can toot like no ones business. But he no longer grunts and squeeks all night and Chandler has come back to sleep in our room now!!
The pleasant-ness that is Cooper is all attributed to his gut. A gassy baby is not a fun baby. As soon as Cooper started tooting and pooping easily and regularly he became a happy baby and so easy. The downside to this is that he poops so much! he routinely has blow outs and stains his clothes but he does it all with a smile.
I haven't figured out daytime naps yet but that seems like something that just fell into place with Cash so i'm not going to force the issue. Sylvia and Cooper will work it out together.
Cooper goes to Sylvia's 2 days a week while i go to work and so far, so good. She says he's really smart because he 'coos' all the time and watches the other kids play. She just loves my boys! I'm glad that he is going to daycare. Say what you will but i think it is a good thing that my kids go to Sylvia's/daycare and I go to work (i have to say that because i have no choice and have to work).

bottom line: Cooper rocks. Cash is awesome. Yay Martins!

1 comment:

Grammy said...

good job everyone!