Thursday, March 4, 2010

a few things that bother me

1. The air traffic controller who let his kid go to work with him. LEAVE THIS GUY (and his kid) ALONE. I think its great that this dad took his kid to work. He is teaching very valuable lessons to his boy about working and being in a workplace. The kid wasn't messing around. It sounded like he was behaving and doing exactly what any adult would have done. I think everyone is making way too big of a deal out of this.

2. Yesterday i watched A Baby Story on TV and a little boy was born without fingers on his left hand. There was a very sad realization after the baby came out that something was wrong when they thought they would have a perfect little baby. Even sadder is the granddad, beaming ear to ear when he was talking about how much he loves Yankees baseball and he was so excited to play catch with his grandson-to-be. Anway, the fact that the baby didn't have fingers on his left hand wasn't picked up on any ultrasound and was a complete shock and surprise to everyone. The doctor then made all sorts of excuses why it wasn't picked up on the ultrasounds. Take it from someone who was scanned within an inch of her sanity - there is a reason they do that big one where they count all the fingers and toes and its to make sure the baby has all it's fingers and toes. Turns out they blamed it on compression and the fact that the baby was laying on the hand during developement and therefore the fingers didn't form. I'm not sure i believe that, but ok. I wonder if that was the case is there anything they could have done about it while the baby was in utero. Regardless, the doctor should have said she was sorry, don't just blame the baby. I am very thankful for my perfect little boys and nephews. And my doctors who fretted to make sure my guys were healthy.

3. I'm back at work a few days a week and there are still no accomodations for pumping. no surprise there. I've decided that i refuse to walk to another building and up 16 floors to a room with no lights, so i stand in one bathroom in our office and make everyone else wait until i'm done. I hope the noise from my pump isn't too annoying for everyone. Anyway, i've started a trend because now there are 2 more mommies and 1 (possibly 2) on the way. Although one's a formula baby and the other has a full-time, live-in nanny so we aren't talking apples to apples here. Oh well, i don't care. I've got so much milk in my freezer we'll be sending Cooper to college with mommy's milk!

4. Nevada's governor and education system - 'nuf said. i wont be sending my kids to school in this state!!

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

#3 NO accommodations right?

Carolyn Martin said...

yes, sorry, just fixed that